Welcome to our new and improved magazine.
To kick things off, where better to focus than one of the most talked about, highly sensitive issues in the legal market today: the role the legal profession should play in the fight against corruption. The companies undergoing investigations for wrongdoing are clients of multiple law firms. Are they doing enough to know their customers?
It is our belief that the print edition should provide in-depth analysis of key issues affecting our readers, which is why we have sought the opinions of top practitioners on the legislation that seeks to curb Peru’s corruption problem and a new competition law in Argentina.
Also in this edition, we profile Latin Lawyer’s Elite firms of 2018 and find out how their leaders are planning for the future. The outgoing leader of one such firm is Latin Lawyer’s Law Firm Leader of the Year; Alfredo O’Farrell reflects on his time at the helm of Argentina’s largest firm, Marval, O’Farrell & Mairal.
In this magazine:
- Latin Lawyer Elite Survey 2018
- Law Firm Leader of the Year: Alfredo O’Farrell, Marval, O’Farrell & Mairal
- Point of no return: The role of law firms in fighting corruption
- Building from a new blueprint: Bilfinger creates a new compliance structure
- A clean slate: Argentine renewable energy turns a corner
- Latin Lawyer 5th Annual Project Finance Summit
- Times of change: Argentina’s competition policy and Macri’s reforms
- A difficult balancing act: new law for Peru after Operation Car Wash
We Also Recommend
Latin Lawyer Guide to Infrastructure and Energy Investment, 2nd Edition