Latin Lawyer November 2016
After speaking to key practitioners in relation to our most recent pro bono survey conducted with the Vance Center, it’s clear that Latin America’s legal profession has passed through an important turning point when it comes to building a pro bono culture. The infrastructure has strengthened on all levels, bringing lawyers together across the region, while there is a common understanding of what pro bono means and a recognition of lawyers’ responsibility to take part,
Also in this issue, we look to Buenos Aires, where lawyers are in good spirits thanks to investors’ newfound interest in their economy. At a recent roundtable, managing partners discussed how to manage law firm growth in line with the expansion of the Argentine economy.
Meanwhile, law firms in Colombia are enjoying an extended period of investor interest, but would like to see the government do more to ensure the country’s development continues. At a meeting in Bogotá, Colombian law firm managing partners also discussed how the Pacific Alliance is shaping their strategies, the growing threat of the big four accounting firms and keeping hold of millennials.
Also in this issue, we hear from the IBA president about the fight against corruption and feature the best of Latin Lawyer’s recent labour conference.
In this magazine:
Latin Lawyer/Vance Center Pro Bono Survey:
- The Findings
- A Marathon not a sprint – how to bring in partners
- Is there a bigger story behind the drop in partner participation?
- How to maximise the results of pro bono projects
- Argentina on the Up: What impact is this having on the law market?
- Interview: David Rivkin, IBA
- Clearing the roadblocks to development
- Brave New World – the threat of the Big Four
- Tax Reform
Latin Lawyer 3rd Annual Labour Conference roundup:
- Mercosur and Pacific Alliance cut red tape for international employers
- Companies must maintain good relations with unions
- Deal Digest
- Community News
We Also Recommend
Latin Lawyer Guide to Infrastructure and Energy Investment, 2nd Edition