Latin Lawyer Q2 2018
Top-tier firms pursue transactional work because it allows them to demonstrate their high value, and so charge the high fees necessary to pay the best talent. They shape their strategy around building a healthy list of transactions that evidences their skills and market share.
After an extensive research process that uncovered over 1,000 deals amounting to US$130 billion in 2017, Latin Lawyer has sought to produce a comprehensive report of deal activity in Latin America that looks at the busiest firms in the region’s biggest markets. We found that most deals were handled by a comparatively small group of law firms. We examine their working relationships with each other and ask how a firm’s international strategy can affect its deal volume. Alongside that, we consider IPO activity over a period of 17 months. While the capital markets continue to experience a period of volatility, there have been some clear front runners in terms of firms winning the work.
In this magazine:
- Deal dynamics: M&A and capital markets deal activity
- Lifetime Achievement TozziniFreire Advogados’ José Luis de Salles Freire
- Movers and shakers
- Latin Lawyer 8th Annual M&A Mexico
- Latin Lawyer Awards: Deal of the Year Awards and individual accolades
- Linking up: The view from London
- Latin Lawyer: GAR Live 2nd Annual Arbitration Summit
- Opinion: Under threat